Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time flies when...

Time flies when your having fun (super busy with school and being pregnant!) in the last couple weeks we have done some fun stuff...

At the beginning of September our student ward had a Back to School BBQ. It was a lot of fun, we ate lots of yummy food and played some fun games.. Boys against Girls of course..


 The Girls won!!!!!

When school started Taylor and I realized we needed another computer of some kind. Whether it was a laptop, tablet, or desktop we just weren't sure. We ended up deciding we wanted to get a desktop. Once we decided that we had to find the one that we wanted and for a reasonable price. This took a while but with lots of help from my dad and brother, Davy, we finally got a HP desktop for just $250! We are super excited. My dad had an extra monitor so we didn't have to spend anything on that. Thanks Dad :)
This is our temporary desk and chair till we find what we want.

We also got a new printer since ours died at the beginning of the summer.

One of Taylor's friends has invited him a few times to play flag football. Taylor was really excited since he loves sports so much and being active. It was fun to watch him play! He did a great job.








So remember that wreath that I was working on in an earlier post.... Well I finally finished it!!! I am so happy with the way it turned out.

Since football season has started my parents have been out here a lot more so my mom and I got to work a lot on Kristopher's quilt. I only have one step left and I am waiting for my mom to finish it. I am so excited for it to be done! 
We also sold our bunk beds that occupied the second bedroom which is going to be the nursery so we finally get to start getting things ready. 
We also went to Ikea and bought a bed frame for our bed because since we don't have the bunk beds to store things under we needed a new place so we needed to get a bed frame. We love it. Taylor has wanted it for like 6 months now but we just didn't see a real need for it. He was pretty happy about it.

I have fallen in love with Etsy.com I have found so many awesome things there that I want!! I got a car seat canopy pattern from there and was so excited to make it for Kristopher. First I had to find the perfect fabric. I found the most amazing website with so many different fabrics and I found the perfect fabric. So once the pattern and main fabric arrived I had to find the other two fabrics to go with it. It was so fun to make and much easier than I thought it would be and in my opinion it turned out GREAT!!

Almost done....

and a little secret awesome thing about this is...
It has toy hooks on the inside of the canopy!! AMAZING RIGHT?! right :)
I am going to be making one for my friend Laurel and I can't wait to see how cute it will turn out! I will post pictures once its all done. Wish me luck!


Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment