Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend.. and SO much more!

So since last Saturday I have been going going going nonstop with no time to sit and do anything let alone update my blog so I'm going to put my last week all in one post. Lets start with last weekend:

Saturday night I flew into the wonderful Atlanta, Georgia. Left from the airport and went straight to my little sister, Emma's, play(my mother was also in this play!) I wasn't able to get any pictures because I left my camera in my suitcase which I left in the car :(. It was such an amazing play and am so proud of my little sister and mom!!
Sunday night the Jones' and Lyndsey and Charlie came over to play games. My mom and dad (with a little help from me) made a yummy dessert.

We had so much fun playing games and catching up with the Jones' and Crose's.


Monday morning my mom and I got up bright and early to catch a flight to New York City. We were going to spend the next 24 hours getting as much in as possible. We were going out there for a cupcake class but thought why not see a Broadway Show while we are there too. Of course we also got some shopping in :). We found Gap and lucky for us there was a sale on baby clothes so Little Man was able to get some more clothes! 

We ate lunch at one of my mom's favorite restaurants in New York, Tony's.

Right next to the cupcake class was this ice cream shop. It is some super famous place that had just opened 3 days earlier but the guy normally just is in an ice cream truck downtown selling it and decided it was time to open a shop. Sadly we didn't have time to try any but that only gives us a new reason to go back right!?

Waiting to go into our cupcake class.



We each got to take 12 cupcakes home! What in the world am I supposed to do with 12 cupcakes..
Because the cupcake class ended at 7:30 and the show started at 8 we thought it would be best to take a taxi instead of the subway. It was a very smart choice. We got there in 10 minutes and had lots of time to spare and just relax.

We thought it would be nice to offer one of our many cupcakes to the taxi drive. In return he gave us some mini bananas. What a nice guy!
Just waiting in line to go in and see Mama Mia!
I saw this shirt in a little shop and thought it was pretty funny. Made me think of Taylor so I had to take a picture.


Tuesday morning we woke up bright and early again. I was heading back to Utah and my mom was heading back to Georgia. We had such a good time in New York. Wish we could have stayed longer but we were able to get so much in that I feel like it was a well thought out trip!

When I got back to Utah Taylor had a surprise trip planned for us for our One Year Anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for a whole year. It really doesn't feel that way but that is probably because we have had to so much fun together it just flew by. I wouldn't change anything about our year together. It was so AMAZING!! Anyways so the surprise destination was Eden, UT. This is one of Taylor's favorite places to go so he was so excited to share it with me since I had never been. It was so beautiful I wanted to move up there!! 
For lunch we went to this place called The Oaks. The food was so amazing we decided we want to go back for lunch the next day on our way home!
Yes I did get 2 desserts. You have no idea how fat I felt haha don't worry I didn't finish all of the cobbler :)
Look how sweet <3
One of my most favorite desserts! My moms is better though
Happy Anniversary to the best year of my life!!!
We went to dinner at the Golf Course. The food was really good!
On our way home we saw this water fall. It was so amazing.


We got back to Provo on Thursday afternoon got unpacked and ran some errands. Friday morning we got up and headed up to Salt Lake City for my friends Vanessa and Luke WEDDING!!! 
After the sealing Taylor and I thought it would be fun to go to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to eat lunch. Neither of us had ever been to the Roof Top Restaurant. Sadly that restaurant didn't open till 5 so we went to the Garden Restaurant. It was really yummy!



Shelby and Cam



The ring ceremony and reception were so wonderful. I feel so lucky to have been able to be there for such a special time for them. Congratulations Vanessa and Luke! We are so happy for yall. Marriage is the most wonderful thing. Enjoy:)


Saturday was much more calm. We ran a few more errands, watch football, Taylor went to work at 3 and then I went over to Justin and Christina's place to watch the BYU vs. Texas game which was a very sad thing since we gave up the win at the very end. While watching football I got started on a little craft..


My very own yarn wreath. Next I'm going to make some flowers to put on it :) I'm really excited!


Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment